In 2003, fellowship alumni established the John Gardner Fellowship Association to bring together alumni of the John Gardner Fellowship Program for the purposes of self-renewal, job growth, leadership training, and social networking. While independent of Stanford University and UC Berkeley, the JGFA is dedicating to furthering the mission of the John Gardner Fellowship Program at both schools. The JGFA was started in 2003, now has 182 members and is entirely run by volunteers.
The mission of the John Gardner Fellowship Association (JGFA) is to:
- Promote the values and ideals exemplified by John Gardner.
- Bring together members for the purpose of renewal and inspiration.
- Encourage and support the ongoing involvement of its members in public service.
- Ensure the Fellowship program has adequate resources for success.
- Engage the universities and members to fulfill the goals of the Fellowship.
Anu Menon, Co-President
David L. Moguel, Co-President
Paras Shah, Vice-President for Development
Anna Ferrari, Secretary
Sandy Tesch Wilkins, Treasurer
Terri Bimes, Fellowship Administrator—UC Berkeley
Leslie Saul Garvin, Fellowship Administrator—Stanford University
JGFA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Liz Butler Steyer
John Gardner Trimble
Andy E. Weis
JGFA ADVISORY BOARD (Estab. 2014-15)
Kathleen Abernathy, Executive Vice President, External Affairs, Frontier Communications
Jack Citrin, Director, Institute of Governmental Studies—UC Berkeley